Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Bring back old food HP/Stamina values

Bradi

New Viking
Reaction score
Hello Valheim Community,

I absolutely love the Heath and Home new furniture and building pieces as well as the new crafting mechanics like oven and iron cooking station.
I don't complain about it taking so long, everything is fantastic except for the new Numbers on HP/Stamina and stam regen/use. Why do this? Why couldn't we just have all that new food and cooking station mechanics but with the old numbers. Just leave the categories as well if devs really wanted them but increase the overall "white fork" food category e.g. make Serpent Stew, Lox Pie, Pudding etc. like they used to be 80/80 and add them to the "white fork" food category. Make at least end game (for now) food good (like it used to be) it is hard to get it anyway.
I believe this was due to some "individuals" complaining that the game is "too easy" and they are all Dark Souls "veterans", but in the end we all want to play Valheim and not a farming simulator to get at least bread to be able to run. Now you can BARELY RUN or shoot a bow. Why downgrading us so much?! For me it feels like they sent me back to copper (if not flint) stage of the game (I was in silver armour and pre-plains progression when H&H launched)
I LOVE this game and I want to play it and have fun just like I had before H&H.
1632317780423.png
How is it for you? What do you think/feel now about overall stamina and hp as well as active gameplay, combat and running?
I hope some devs might notice the overall negative feedback (they actually already did as in the latest patch they "increased" stam/hp food from 5 to...20, ugh)
The food categories was a great initial idea but at this point it is a complete failure. Maybe H&H should have been completely about Home...

Last edited:

Wombatheim

New Viking
Reaction score
Hello,

Well, I tested it on a new game and on my plain full-equiped game, and didn't feel it as an issue. I think block is more powerful now outside of parry ? It's the impression I get. Yet, I didn't play last 2 months, so my memory of "before patch" is fuzzy.
I didn't try it midgame yet, as you are, and I do farm. So maybe there is a gap somewhere in the food values between the start where you don't need much and the end when gear allow you to ignore the difference ?