Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

More building pieces and others changes

Reaction score
Hi! Sorry if some suggestions was already suggested and sorry for my bad english.
I love building in Valheim but the game has some lacks that limit our creativity.

• First and more important. Rotation on all axes (thats even allow to remove some building pieces like 26° and 45° beams/roofs/etc... from the game).
  • Please remove the beam from angled wooden wall (for both angles). If we use another beam (eg: dark wood) type than the wooden base thats not match and this is really ugly. Sometimes too i just dont want a beam on my diagonals wooden wall.
  • Add dark wood cross beams (or allow two normal beams to cross each other)
  • Add some wooden and stone floor pieces. Diagonal pieces for both materials (like black marble), 1x1 floor piece for stone (still like black marble), and PLEASE... some ramps in all materials (include black marble lol)!!! Stairs is cool but this not the best design for cart way
  • Fix the collision box of this damn ladder we will no longer have to jump anymore to climb. And why not adds a real vertical ladder that allows to hold on to (like for the boats but with animations)
  • A real creative mode
  • A wood varnish to prevent wood to decay from the weather
  • A way to terraforms even underwater

Some of these suggestions are already possible with mods, but it would be great if this is included in vanilla game

Indysligo

Local Viking
Reaction score
In general, I agree. I don't (and won't) use mods in Valheim, so saying "That's in a mod" doesn't work for me. My experiences with mods in other games is hit or miss, and I think Valheim is mostly fine as is. Now to address your specific points:

1. Axial rotation: Nice idea, but very complicated. It would make building a lot more complicated than it is now, requiring a trigonometry degree. I've worked with reald builders who have a lot of experience working with various roof pitches. It makes sense that a lot of home-building is "standardized."
2. Variations of existing pieces. Sure, but again, it adds complexity.
3. Adding versions of existing pieces with new materials. Yeah. I agree with this.
4. Wood/stone or wood/marble pieces. Yeah, I'm good with this. However, the cartesian product (all variations of wood x all variations of non-wood) makes for a lot of options, and the page of pieces is already maxed out. This suggests adding new pages, which I'm okay with. A wood page, a stone page, and an "other build pieces" page, perhaps?
5. Vertical ladder? Sure. Jumping on the 45 degree ladder? Yeah. I think this is just part of their ongoing improvements.
6. Creative mode? I don't know what this means. Are you suggesting that all other aspects of the game (raids, weather, night/day) are turned off? If that's the case, then no.
7. Varnish. I could get on board with this. Tar + Sap. Add berries and stuff for color. Go for it.
8. Yeah, I agree that working under water is a pain. I'm not sure the best way to fix it. Maybe a crystal + sap helmet that allows you to breath underwater, special iron greaves that allow you to walk, and not float.

Brandon Eckert

New Viking
Reaction score
Hi! Sorry if some suggestions was already suggested and sorry for my bad english.
I love building in Valheim but the game has some lacks that limit our creativity.

• First and more important. Rotation on all axes (thats even allow to remove some building pieces like 26° and 45° beams/roofs/etc... from the game).
  • Please remove the beam from angled wooden wall (for both angles). If we use another beam (eg: dark wood) type than the wooden base thats not match and this is really ugly. Sometimes too i just dont want a beam on my diagonals wooden wall.
  • Add dark wood cross beams (or allow two normal beams to cross each other)
  • Add some wooden and stone floor pieces. Diagonal pieces for both materials (like black marble), 1x1 floor piece for stone (still like black marble), and PLEASE... some ramps in all materials (include black marble lol)!!! Stairs is cool but this not the best design for cart way
  • Fix the collision box of this damn ladder we will no longer have to jump anymore to climb. And why not adds a real vertical ladder that allows to hold on to (like for the boats but with animations)
  • A real creative mode
  • A wood varnish to prevent wood to decay from the weather
  • A way to terraforms even underwater

Some of these suggestions are already possible with mods, but it would be great if this is included in vanilla game
Triangle floor pieces would make a massive difference and allow for a massive amount of new and creative builds. Allow more stuff to be attachable to item frames like ore and ingots. Corner stairs, would be fantastic as well.