Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Precious mineral veins and gemstones. They don't even need to have a gameplay function, just something to chase.

Ouroboros

New Viking
Reaction score
Precious minerals like gold. Gemstone veins. Valheim is extremely fun and addictive in terms of mining yet the prospecting gold fever isn't there. Precious minerals like gold and gemstones don't even need to have a practical gameplay application. Though it would be an amazing idea to be able to place sapphires for blue light, rubies for red light etc. This way the gemstones could serve cosmetical purposes. Want a soft beautiful purple glow in your tower? Amethysts. Done.

So let's say they add extremely rare gold veins in the game which you can smelt to gold bars. Well... it's the afterlife. No use for them right?
Wrong. It's the gold rush, the gold fever. The joy of finding gold and melting gold bars. There isn't a necessity to rush figuring in ways to utilize gold. Because the chase, the hunt, and obtaining it is its own reward.

MINING IN EXTREMELY FUN IN VALHEIM. Just the thought of mining out a vein of copper makes the hairs on my arms rise with excitement. Finding a claim. Striking the earth. Cart the ore. Smelt it. Hear the divine zone of the bars falling out of the smelter... aaah. It's a crime that in a game with mining this fun and addictive you cant find gold veins or gemstones. I want the same feeling when playing minecraft for the first time and striking diamonds.

IRONGATE FEED MY AVARICE! THE DWARVES DUG TOO DEEP AND TOO GREEDILY! LET US DO THE SAME!

Indysligo

Local Viking
Reaction score
I made a similar suggested a few weeks ago. I think precious and rare metals, gems, and other mine-able materials could open up a whole host of customization and build options.