Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Setting to change the amount of particles shown

EliGlIBli

New Viking
Reaction score
I find my game dipping in fps, and sometimes even crashing when a snow storm happens in the mountains. The amount of particles is huge, and I don't think a lot of computers are able to handle that. I'm stuck trying to get my items back, but I have to wait out a snow storm in order to even enter the mountains. It's even to the point where more than 3 open portals lags my game, and turning off bloom ruins most of what makes this game look cool. I think an option that allows us to turn down the amount of particles we see (or something along those lines) would be a huge help.

KestralB

New Viking
Reaction score
Yeah, my fps drops from 30 to 3 if I'm close to more than 2-3 instances of a fire, forge, or open portal at the same time. I actually design my bases around keeping these objects away from one another and minimizing the number of them that I use. Snowstorms are also noticeable, but since there's usually no campfire around at the same time I get by at 15fps or so and can still function. :)

Anything else I could turn off would be welcome!