Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Too much rain! (Going to build an Ark soon)

Lanadon

New Viking
Reaction score
Please believe me when I say that I understand the climate that Valheim is trying to put forward. I live in the Pacific NW and get on average 150 days of rain with anywhere from 60-100 inches of rainfall a year. Here, we call rain "Liquid Sunshine".

But even for me, the climate in Valheim is way out of balance. I have gone in game days with only a few moments of sunshine mixed in with storms and downpours making travel by boat very dangerous and even wandering the countryside a hassle with the constant debuff of "Wet'.

I do understand that this is a "Survival" game and that hardships are supposed to make the game a challenge but this one aspect, in my opinion, should be toned back at least a little.

Napalm Eddie

Local Viking
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like rain hurts you out at sea, other than making it hard to avoid underwater rocks. So if they turned down the rain then I'd like to see it actually cause your ship to take damage as you sailed.

TheKhopesh

Local Viking
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like rain hurts you out at sea, other than making it hard to avoid underwater rocks. So if they turned down the rain then I'd like to see it actually cause your ship to take damage as you sailed.
It already works like that, in some circumstances.
High waves will take a decent toll on your ship due to "fall damage" alone (falling from the crest of a wave back down to the water below generally does 10-15 damage per fall).

I once nearly died on a Karve because I lost about half its durability during a long trip to place a portal in the ashlands, and all the sea serpents that were spawning in along the way.
(Night time seems to double serpent spawns, and rain at night puts the spawn rate at what feels like triple the likelihood.)

Napalm Eddie

Local Viking
Reaction score
I was wondering that about serpents. They seem to appear at random. I had one attack wraith when I was sailing along the coast of the swamp. Do we know how and when they appear? Is it possible to draw them out for a fight?

TheKhopesh

Local Viking
Reaction score
I was wondering that about serpents. They seem to appear at random. I had one attack wraith when I was sailing along the coast of the swamp. Do we know how and when they appear? Is it possible to draw them out for a fight?
There are hidden serpent spawners along the ocean floor.
They have a chance to spawn a serpent when players are within range (idk what the range is), and the chances go up under certain conditions like weather and if it's night time.