Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Collection of ideas

Jabber Wocky

New Viking
Reaction score
This thread is a collection of my own ideas for additional Valheim content, but all readers are encouraged to post criticism or add their own ideas.

More build options via inventory without workbench:

- Tent:
e.g. 4 pieces of wood, 4 pieces of leather scraps and 4 pieces of deer hide. Enables you to build a temporary shelter anywhere in the world while you are out exploring. Tent has a built-in sheltered sleeping place made of deer and boar fur that one can use for 2 comfort with a campfire nearby. (Uses modified fuling camp build pieces)

More workbench build options:

- Wattle fence: simply a less strong version of the usual fence with a different aesthetic.

- Adobe walls: requires clay as a resource, maybe found in the dark forest biome, since pine tree forests often grow on ground rich in clay. Can only be gathered with a pickaxe. Enables the player to place adobe wall pieces (1x1m, 2x2m).

- Turf roof pieces: made from turf and wood. Uses the same floor texture as the ground in the biome it is built in. Green grass in the meadows, brown grass in plains, snow in the mountains, and fern in the dark forest, for instance. Grass on the roof is shorter and not animated, but blends in well with the surroundings. 26° and 45° pieces, same as other roof pieces. Turf can be gathered in the swamps via a pickaxe.

-
Dyes: Made from raspberries (red dye), blueberries (blue), guck (green), coal (black), cloudberries (golden yellow) and mud (brown), cooked in the cauldron. Can be applied to any build pieces after building them, also used to customize ships (patterns and symbols on sails, paint jobs on hulls...), armors (choose a "style" after crafting the armor piece) or shields (style chosen after crafting as well, needs available dye resources).

-
Tapestries: Made from linen and dye. Build piece for wall decoration. +1 comfort. Different styles can be chosen depending on the used colors.

-
Ship customization: This might be on the roadmap already. Basically, I'd like to be able to customize our ships with shields placed at the sides, with a tent and a brazier for sleeping on the sea, or maybe with a larger storage area, as well as paintjobs and different kinds of styles for the sails.

More critters that can be tamed, and more food options/resource gathering options:

- Terror Bird: Aesthetically inspired by the prehistorical animal "Phorusrhacos", this large predator bird would walk the larger plains biomes and build nests in ruined buildings there. These nests would contain eggs. Those could be used to cook omelets and other foods on a level 4 cooking station. Killing the birds should yield a large amount of feathers, as well as Terror Bird Meat and bone fragments. The meat can be cooked on the iron cooking station, along with lox meat and serpent meat, and used in more recipes for better health food. The birds can be tamed, and a pair of Terror birds will, after taming and being fed with all kinds of meat, produce a nest with 1-3 eggs that will hatch in a couple of days and spawn a Terror bird chick, which will mature into a full sized Terror bird after another couple of days. The eggs can also be taken for cooking, and the birds be slaughtered for feathers, bone fragments and terror bird meat. Also imagine: Fuling mounted archers on bird back.... just sayin'

More randomly spawned locations to explore:

- Turf roof houses (Plains)
-
Adobe wall houses (Swamps)
-
Darkwood roof houses (Mistlands?) - can be broken down for the special resources, or patched up as shelters.

Yes, I also want more biomes working and more dungeons and adventurous areas to explore, more bosses and mobs to fight, but I leave most of that to the devs at the moment. These are just my ideas, and you might have guessed that I am a fan of H&H and an enthusiastic base builder. Feel free to add your own ideas to the mix, if you like!

Onyx

New Viking
Reaction score
I love all these ideas you just mentioned, but can I add 1 to your ship idea??

Sleeping on the sea would be cool but I think we need to have some anchors added so we don't drift off out into serpent territory lol

Also, I think it would be cool if there was a smaller boat with 2 ores that we could lower down over the side so the big boat can stay anchored out and we can paddle into shore with a dingy for quicker more successful resource raids without getting the big boat attacked from shore

I also love your idea about quick tents that can be crafted easily. Would they also be capable of fixing tools and weapons?? Or maybe the boat could have the capability of fixing tools and weapons?? Maybe just a fixing station on the boat, can't craft from it but just fix weapons/tools

I love this forum too but has anybody ever mentioned maybe they can make a valheim forum app?? Would be much easier to download an app so we can jump in and discuss things that way..idk just a thought 😃