Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Does VALHEIM need a "Pause" button?

gobi greenwood

New Viking
Reaction score
Maybe my noon status is showing. In real like my gameplay is often interrupted so I would appreciate a way to pause the game, and the passage of time as well as consumption of 'food' already consumed.
Perhaps it already exists? Pressing the ESC key, brings up the menu but does not seem to stop the passage of time in-game.

gobi greenwood

New Viking
Reaction score
Maybe my NOOB status is showing. In real LIFE my gameplay is often interrupted so I would appreciate a way to pause the game, and the passage of time as well as consumption of 'food' already consumed.
Perhaps it already exists? Pressing the ESC key, brings up the menu but does not seem to stop the passage of time in-game.
...fixed the autocorrect.

KestralB

New Viking
Reaction score
I pause by simply closing my laptop which puts my computer into sleep mode. Can't do this in the middle combat, since there's 10 seconds or so of combined "going to sleep but not yet paused" and "waking up and the game has started but I'm still logging in" time.
Logging out works when I'm at home, but I lose my rested timer, so if I'm out exploring and need to deal with kids fighting or something I'll always use this method instead.

A pause button for single player (and even server hosts in small games where you might want to do a quick pause instead of shutting down and starting back up) would be a nice quality of life improvement with no downside - those who don't want to pause don't need to use it.

Taurus Daggerknight

Local Viking
Reaction score
A Pause button would be great! Sometimes I have my solo-world up, and things just...come up in the day. Right now the only way to pause the game is to specifically log in and out/ load/ unload the world. Letting solo-game worlds freeze by just tapping Escape would be great.