Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

I feel like I kind of look like a man, but with...bumps

Eruelest

Local Viking
Reaction score
I was just wondering, even though you're all probably tearing out your hair out in trying to keep up with all you have to do in development; but will there be any improvements to the rendering of "female" avatars? I kind of look more male than female, but with...bumps. (lol)

I know it sounds a bit petty, but in gaming for more than 21 years, one of the more endearing aspects of a game is the "character customization". In the beginning, you had toons looking all the same, but maybe your eyes, hair and skin tone were all the choices you had. (As in Original EverQuest, back in 1997), we're we're ecstatic! But things have progressed and expectatuions of what a character looks like...could actually matter more now than in the past.

I realize this is a survival game, and you don't necessarily have to look like you just got a makeover and a mani/pedi, but a little more "feminine" than a man with bumps may bue nice. (hehe) After all, a girl's got to look great even wielding an axe and smacking Trolls...no?

Thank you listening. Going back to building my village!

CapnGramma

Local Viking
Reaction score
I like the more realistic female body shape. It's a very pleasant change from the usual barbie doll or stripper form most developers choose.

sstella

Local Viking
Reaction score
I agree wtih CapnGramma. We aren't here to have curvy slutty viking ladies... lmao...

arcticgypsy

New Viking
Reaction score
I played EQ from Beta. I loved my female Barbarian Shaman. I think they could do something similar for the Viking females. (At least there are female characters) bugs me when games don't give you a choice at all, or gender lock classes!! I hate that. I really would love to see a better looking female character. Doesn't need to be a barbie doll, even a strapping big helga would be nicer than this thing with giant man hands lol