Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

I keep crashing

luramby

New Viking
Reaction score
I only get to play like 10-20 mins before it crashes.
I run the game on administrator, disabled fullscreen optimizations, play it using Vulkan, lowered my graphic settings to lowest, capped the fps to 60, vsync is on, and everything else on the graphics settings is checked off. I don't open any web browsers. The only other program I have running is Discord. For Discord, I have hardware acceleration turned off. When I am not running Valheim and only Discord, my GPU is nearly at 0%. However, when I have Valheim running, its at 100% GPU usage.

PC Specs:
Mobo - ROG STRIX B650-A GAMING WIFI
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core, 32-Thread
GPU - EVGA RTX 2080
SSD - Samsung 850 EVO
RAM - 16x2 G.Skill Flare X5 Series DDR5-6000
Cooler - DeepCool LS720 High-Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
PSU - EVGA Supernova 650 G2

Here are my crash.dmp and player.log files from the last 3 time I crashed.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VHPcElK-hNSbQkNZ8rzlmN_DbGj5Z792?usp=sharing

CaptBlue

New Viking
Reaction score
My game also keeps crashing - I checked your log files and my game crashes with the same kind of errors. Did you find a solution to this?

I'm almost at the point where I'm blaming a hardware component rather than a software error. Tried everything, reinstalling the game, reinstalling Windows 11, deactivating all OC profiles, deactivating XMP, running no mods. And after Windows and Valheim reinstall it still crashes.