Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Marking the Map

Taurus Daggerknight

Local Viking
Reaction score
Last night, my friends and I had another thought; would it be possible to implement a map-marking system? I don't just mean dropping a single marker as we have; I mean being able to draw out a circle/ boundary or some such to mark off regions , This would be helpful when trying to mark out biomes, or generally designate zones for materials and even construction projects.

Last edited:

Pelehiko

New Viking
Reaction score
The map quality is a shame atm. I am sure that when they improve the map quality, the biome borders will be visible without any added lines. I got a 65" 4k tv and i sit in front of it, and when i zoom back, my markers become so small, i can't read my own notes. I believe this is more of a matter of the game being in early access. Im sure they will improve the map quality greatly in many ways anyways.

Taurus Daggerknight

Local Viking
Reaction score
Well, again, I'd prefer if they added more than just static biom markers. A free-draw tool to establish ones own territory boundaries and all would be really, really helpful.

Allfather

New Viking
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the idea, that crypts, dungeons, berries and ores would be marked on the map automatically while passing by ?

CapnGramma

Local Viking
Reaction score
I prefer to add the points myself so I can remove them after I finish raiding them.

Allfather

New Viking
Reaction score
I prefer to add the points myself so I can remove them after I finish raiding them.
What if you could delete the automatic markers ? Or the Dungeon gets a red cross after clearing it ? Both could be a feature which you could decide in the settings

arcticgypsy

New Viking
Reaction score
Last night, my friends and I had another thought; would it be possible to implement a map-marking system? I don't just mean dropping a single marker as we have; I mean being able to draw out a circle/ boundary or some such to mark off regions , This would be helpful when trying to mark out biomes, or generally designate zones for materials and even construction projects.
I would love to see this. A simple draw tool, maybe a red-x that you could place on crypts that you have cleared

Ratmourn

Local Viking
Reaction score
I would like different color map markers, blue dot for blueberry, red for raspberry, copper colored, silver, etc..

These would make the mini map more useful since it doesn’t display marker labels.