Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Mountains

STyK

New Viking
Reaction score
So first problem with your mountains is your wolf attack. That 'you are being hunted' out of nowhere and then all the sudden there's 50 wolves show up. How are you supposed to survive that without silver gear? Your 'wolf attack' happened the second I found silver, I didn't even get a chance to mine it and caught me off guard cause I had nothing like that happen in the game up until that point. Most people are going into the mountains with bonemass ability and steel gear and there were way to many wolves for me to survive unless I had known about it and made proper defenses and saved my ability. The way this is currently setup its just a death sentence that can be avoided by only those who already know, maybe.

Second the physics seems to be messed up. I'll slide off a little ledge and fall less then 2 meters on to the side of the mountain, dead instantly, 100 health gone. Do the same thing at home in the meadows and you get a small deduction in health. makes no sense.

Lastly the boss, I have looked everywhere spiraling out from my base, little mountains, big mountains and all around them and I can't find a tablet for the location of the boss or the boss shrine. Countless hours of running around and sailing aimlessly trying to make out mountains in the distance going there and oh better luck next time, just more dragon eggs. I enjoy exploring but this is dumb, its to the point where this has poisoned my playthrough and I honestly don't want to keep playing. Even ended up using commands to reveal the map but without a boss location that really didn't help. Still have to search everywhere.
Honestly what should happen is he makes a fly by my house in the direction of the nearest shine. That would make the most sense if tablets for his location are going to be so rare, and if that's what is supposed to happen it didn't for me.

This is my second playthrough since release and I can't really say I'm happy with where you guys are at right now. On release the game was supposed to be one year in early access. I get delays but we've only received one major update since then and the year is up. And you guys wanted game of the year?! We've got some new items and crafting table add ons but we've still got issues like this unresolved since launch or added new ones. Year after launch and I wouldn't recommend anyone replaying. I regret doing so, same issues, not enough new content. The only new gameplay I noticed was the wolf attack noted above that is a death trap, and the abomination which again if you get caught without the proper gear your pretty much dead if you can't out run it.

I sincerely hope you are addressing these issues in your mountain update. I'll give it ANOTHER year before replaying again and putting the time in, if it looks like there is enough content there. Hopefully the game is finished by then and not such a horrible experience.