Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

My bows are cursed, and release immediately upon drawing my arrow. Aid requested.

sneakypita

New Viking
Reaction score
Wanderers and witches, beware;

I pulled out my Huntsman Bow to down a trophy stag just a quarter of an hour ago, as he looked like he belonged slung over my fire pit that evening. Upon drawing on the notched arrow, I immediately felt compelled to fire my shot, as never before - always would I pause upon fully drawing the feathers to my cheek to ensure a true shot.

I immediately notched a new arrow and tried to take steady aim, only to once again release the arrow instantly. After repeated tries, I found that I could try to hold my shot and just keep holding back - the first arrow would let fly immediately upon drawing but when I kept holding, the second arrow would wait for me to give it flight.

Never before has my trusty bow betrayed my desires. I rushed back to my lodge, not stopping through the night (nor the black woods between myself and home), as I felt the need to determine the cause of this curse. I ran to my footlocker where I keep some old treasures from my youth and unwrapped my finewood bow. After a pause to caress the smooth wood grain as I would caress a fine woman, I notched an arrow right there and fired toward the kitchen. By this time, I no longer felt surprise when my shot was fouled by this strange compulsion to release before fully drawing my arrow. Upon further testing, I have learned that this...hex?...impacts my entire bow collection. A fire arrow also leapt from my bows before I chose to free it. However, it does not happen every shot I attempt - one in five might allow me to focus my shot on the first attempt. But upon this I would not gamble.

I am curious if any fellow adventurers finding themselves in this region are seeing a similar hex upon them. If not, then I fear the road before me as I cannot end this curse with my silver steel until I find the witch responsible. I would happily share information over a flagon or two.

stay wary,

Cursed Man with a Beard.

Last edited: