Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Quality of life changes/additions that would make the game better, I think

Nikolaeh

New Viking
Reaction score
As the title suggests, after 228 hours played( as steam tells me) I found the game lacking a few things(just a few, not many):

- We need a barber, or a station to change hairstyles( I think many would agree);
- The feet are clipping through cloaks, and I really can't help but ask for a small fix here( really immersion breaking for me, and probably for many others);
- We need separate inventory slots for armor and items such as the swamp mines key, wishbone, wisp and so on, because the inventory fills so fast when you have 5 or 6 slots left( a backpack for additional slots would also be very cool);
- Trader has such a low range of items, that searching for him is no fun( well, I'm sure more items will be added, but I wanted to include this here anyway);
- And maybe, just maybe, there will be a way to improve the old items so they can be relevant even in the new biomes( I really like the iron battle axe, but I had to say goodbye to it since it's inferior to the many new weapons added lately - a cosmetic option similar to games such as WoW or Lotro would also do, where you enchant the item to look like another, since we have a galdr table for sorcery reasons).

I know, there are also balancing and performance issues(like for example, when you build a lot and the game starts to stagger), but I imagine these aspects are in the works. All I hope is that somehow, the aspects above will be on a checklist on the developer's desk. Cheers mates! And keep the work going!

Last edited: