Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Simple and useful armor stand improvements

michor

New Viking
Reaction score
I love the new armor stands, but they are a bit awkward to use, since setting them up is the same process as with item stands, requiring that you apply items from the 1-8 item slots. This makes it tedious to quickly set one up or use its contents.

What I would love, love, love to see changed is making armor stands work like chests, with boxes specific to each area (head, chest, legs, shield, etc.). This would be super fast to change out.

Even better, it would be awesome if there was an "instant swap" button that would take all of the relevant items the user was currently wearing, put those on the stand, and remove from the stand and equip the items that were already on it. This way you could simply walk up to an armor stand with a setup you want, and swap out what you are wearing in one click. (I realize the game imposes a time penalty on changing gear, and would be happy to see that continued in this context. The "instant swap" button would simply automate the process.)

I think these changes would be very intuitive, would be in line with how other aspects of the game work, and have a high utility value to many players.

Last edited:

Defrayer

Local Viking
Reaction score
Agreed. Armor stands are currently nice for decorating, but not practical for hotswapping, which I would love.