Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Thoughts on 50 Player Public Server?

sstella

Local Viking
Reaction score
Hello all!

I tried to join the 50 player public server, but I couldn't. Regardless, I am wondering if anyone has had any success getting on, and if so, what were their experiences like? Did the server have nice player-made structures to look at? Were they accessible or warded? Did things look alright, or blatantly grief'd (destroyed or crappy buildings, cancerous mined-out landscape full of holes and trenches?) Did you encounter other players? How were your interactions?

Personally, my friends have a full server, and its been a lot of fun. I tried to get them on public, but we already built so much in our own world. Finally, I am definitely worried about griefing. All it takes is for some jerk to be on at 3AM to lure a troll or golem to our base and just utterly wreck it.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love to hear other players thoughts as well! I started the server as sort of an experiment to see what players would create.

I'm open to suggestions for mods players may like to see (to help with things like griefing and/or land claiming) and possibly even setting up a password-restricted server or whitelisted server (if enough people here wanted to do that!).

Let me know your guys thoughts, I'm hear all ideas of the perfect Valheim server that we could all play on :)

Last edited:

drhtrhhgh

Local Viking
Reaction score
Is this 50 player public server still up? Any word on that?
I think he is referring to Comfy Valheim, which has an average of 60ish players on all the time. Here is it's listing if you want to read about it and join it https://valheimlist.org/listing/2a1532ae-62cb-42fe-9ec7-8835f3d3cc16

There is absolutely no griefing on that server. They have a custom suite of tools that detects griefing and allows for localized rollbacks, and their rigorous whitelisting process pretty much filters trolls out to begin with.

Last edited:

sstella

Local Viking
Reaction score
I think he is referring to Comfy Valheim, which has an average of 60ish players on all the time. Here is it's listing if you want to read about it and join it https://valheimlist.org/listing/2a1532ae-62cb-42fe-9ec7-8835f3d3cc16

There is absolutely no griefing on that server. They have a custom suite of tools that detects griefing and allows for localized rollbacks, and their rigorous whitelisting process pretty much filters trolls out to begin with.
Thanks for the tip, have you played on there? How is the lag?

drhtrhhgh

Local Viking
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, have you played on there? How is the lag?
I'm staff on that server!

The lag is usually only moderate, as we have made a number of changes the server's networking code. Sadly, when we go past 80 players online the lag gets somewhat severe but we do our best to make things playable.

All in all I would say it's very much playable either way. Hope you come check it out ^-^