Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Total gut punch EOW death

Vungarr

New Viking
Reaction score
I wanted to see if the world was flat or round. If there was a wall at the edge of the world. What would happen? . . . I got close and a current swept me from the map killing me. I had on maxed padded armor and all my max gear in my bag. I had great food. Basically all my chickens were in my one basket. I only did this because experience had taught me if anything were to happen I could recover my body. I then mounted an expedition that took a VERY long time using first level hatchet and the like to farm mats to make a raft to sail towards the body. I went as slow as I possibly could when again I was swept over. There should not only be a skill drain but a complete reset on items after playing the game and being conditioned that you can always get your stuff back. I love the game and have put so many hours in. But something so dangerous as a permanent loss of all your stuff should be warned at very least. Please fix this issue. I will be taking a break from the game as more hours than I care to admit were wasted by one mistake that I didn't even realize was a mistake. Im fine taking the skills loss for the learning experience but again everything lost is too much. I know im rambling and im sorry i just feel so upset and sad and lost by this.

Vungarr

New Viking
Reaction score
Also want to mention after it happened I searched and apparently you can use cheats to get your stuff back. . . but I am not into that. I want to play the game as it was made only.