Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Travelling

Gray

New Viking
Reaction score
I will not mention trivial things like "Take more food" or "Repair all equipment". Let's try something unobvious.

1. Before far travel, build new portal at your main house and grab 2 surtling cores for another one. Mark it somehow new (and remember it). Now you can build another portal at your destination point and instant travel to your main house.
2. Never, never,never... NEVER place a ressurection point at a swamp. Spend some time, go back to the woods and build a house there. Swamp is horrible biome for freshly killed character trying to retrieve his stuff.
3. The only worse biome then swamp for ressurecion is mountain. Without warming mead, you will never escape it.

KingTuttski

New Viking
Reaction score
All great ideas. I've extended that a little bit with what I think of as my 'Outpost Kit'. When I'm getting ready to explore into a new area, I like to set up a relatively safe little outpost in Meadow or Black Forest biome just outside of the area I'm going to explore. I setup a portal at base with a new name, then load up with the following:
Armor, 1 weapon, bow & arrows, 5-10 each of 3 different foods, hammer, hoe, 2 surtling cores, 20 fine wood, 10 greydwarf eyes, 82 wood. All that will fit in the 300 weight limit, and it's enough to set up a 3x5 area surrounded by stake walls & with a gate, with the portal inside. Quick and easy to build, then I can duck back through the portal to pick up some more wood to roof it over and build a fire and a few chests.