Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

A couple things I would love to see at final release.

Dale Moore

New Viking
Reaction score
Just to preface. Love the game. Have spent untold hours playing already, but as other building/survival games came out there are two things I'd really feel we need.

1. Future building/food/crafting items still needing older resources more. It's kind of sad when lower items become obsolete. Chests fills up because we just don't need older resources anymore as we advance.

2. You have a wonderful huge map but not many reasons to explore after a certain point. Have randomly spread about the whole map single items that if found we learn how to make. They don't have to add any mechanics to the game. (Except obviously the one that teaches us the recipe) A new style chest, a different chair, table, cart, etc.

mkreku

Local Viking
Reaction score
Brilliant suggestions! I have a few too:

3. Make ships customizable the same way shields are. It's a small thing, but all longships look the same, no matter who builds them. What if we could choose the colour of our sails the same way we choose the colour of our shields?

4. Let us make use of one- and two star enemies! For example, the leather armour path ends with troll armour. But what if we could prolong that path by utilizing star variants? Leather from a one star troll gives every armour piece two more armour, leather from two star trolls give four extra armour per piece? Would be especially sweet if the armour kept the colours from the star variants too!