Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

A cursed character!

Philoric

Local Viking
Reaction score
Do you guys know what? I think one of my characters is cursed! .... no of course it's not. But it sure feels that way.

I have been playing this game for months and a couple of days ago I made an alt for my existing online server. The problem is that particular character causes the client to randomly freeze and crash. When I log in again the character has reverted to a state earlier in time and I have lost precious items. At one time the game crashed while I was on a ship. When I logged back in I was back in my bed and the ship was drifting about in the middle of the sea.

This has happened to me a couple of times now and it is clearly connected to that specific character. Have any of you experienced the same thing?

Complaintdesk

Local Viking
Reaction score
My son and I have been playing Valheim since early November. I had a freezing issue, but we did not lose any progress. We rent a designated server and because our map progress is saved through our provider no progress loss was experienced. If you play through Steam, go to your library, right click on Valheim, in your game list and under Properties, go to LOCAL FILES & "Verify integrity of game files". Some of mine were corrupted. After an hour of Steams verification and corrupt files replacement feature, my problems were solved and my game has been functioning smoothly and seamlessly.

I now play 2 characters on 2 servers (1 I rent and 1 is the standard Steam designated) and have no issues at all, but after that first hiccup I check the integrity of my game files at least once a week.