Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

A new foe in the black forest

Wombatheim

New Viking
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Excuse me if my english is off, it's not my first language. With the new update I'm making a new playthrough, and I think all the biome are really good but something is missing in the first 2 ones. It's not a big deal, it just feels a little off :

1. Meadow : essentially a peaceful place with a lot of game to hunt, with the occasionnal greyling. None of them are a serious threat for a reason, but I think something should roam at night, to add a little dread and to learn to stay at home when the sun is down.
2. Black forest : The black forest is one of my favorite biomes, with the grey dwarves, the skeletons and the frightfull troll. It's just that... there is a lot of greydwarves, and by the end of your black forest journey you're just fed up with the dwarves : they come by 3 during the day and by 3 to 5 during the night, when you mine or chop trees. I really think a different foe could break the grey dwarf monotony, maybe some dangerous animal or a threat from the flora ?
3. Swamp : A lot of ennemies : Draugr, leeches, slimes, skeletons, and a night encounter with the spectres. The swamp don't feel safe at all and can still overwhelm you even with better gear. It's a very good biome.
4. Mountain : Harsh land with different ennemies : Wolves, Wyverns and spooky golems, and the fenrir at night. Your time in the mountain is kinda short if you compare it to other biomes, but it is not peaceful for sure. You avoid the night mainly because wolf pack kills you if they get you by surprise.
5. Plains : It was too much furlings, for sure, with the lurking mosquitoes, but with the tar pits and the lox taming minigame you really start breaking the repetitive side of the plains.

Well, in any way, your early access give me more game time and fun than many triple A so be sure I'll follow you for a long time :)

Wiccidlady

Local Viking
Reaction score
I just got quashed in one hit by a very large troll in the Meadow. So that's your dreadful foe there :D

Ratmourn

Local Viking
Reaction score
Meadows should have an occasional skeleton at night. Black Forest should have an occasional ghost.

Attila

New Viking
Reaction score
I honestly wished wolves were more prevalent in the other biomes. I'll never forget the time when a wolf event popped up when I was deep in the plains. Had to book it to the nearest boulder with barely any stamina left. Wolves are easy to juke in the mountains, but imagine a few of them prowling around somewhere like the meadows on occasion.