Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Better Bungalows and Siege Towers

Eruelest

Local Viking
Reaction score
The 10th World, Viking Age version of Better Homes and Gardens is on display, in numerous well thought through and engaging videos. The passion behind these creations speaks to the hearts of the more than 6 million presently living in the neither world of Valheim...and we're still growing!
After over 21 yrs gaming, I have never been more excited to see a game to develop to full release; and I have been in Beta for a lot of the most successful ones that are still very popular today. Valheim has endless possibilities for growth , and imho, has set the bar for game standards to a whole new level. Good luck for those that think they're competition. This game hasn't hit the ground running...they fly!
I apologise in advance for the length of this post, or if I suggest something already in the works for the much anticipated Hearth and Home addition.

1. In 5hrs of game play, it rained 3 times, and I found myself compulsively repairing more than 2k pieces I had already laid down on my build...before continuing. Could it be possible to slow the degradation of Wood a bit? It "Dampens the Spirit" a bit to keep repairing the same things over and over in such a short duration of time. (See what a did there? Dampens...rain. Spirits...living in the neither realm) ? Never mind, I digress...

2. Could we please have the ability to make Candles? We have the Bees!

3. I've seen so many ingenious videos of the usages of Glowy Mushrooms, Carrot Seeds and Cloud Berries, used as Nick-Nacks, and to adorn the fronts and gardens, of so many homes. Could we perhaps have a few more flowers and such, to decorate our homes? After all, every good Siege Tower needs a few well placed touches of color! Things like more mountable Herbs used in the Viking Age like Marsh Mallow, (could maybe be found only in the Swamp), Soap Wort, (that I even grow in my own to garden), and maybe Herbal drying racks for our Kitchens?

4. A challenge to your Art Department! There were 6 primary Artists the define Viking Age Art. Oseberg, Borre, Jelinge, Mammen, Urnes and Ringerkeand, ( I'm sure there are more, but those come to mind first), that perhaps you can incorporate into the game. Things like rich wood carved Transoms, adorned Viking houses for protection, to hail the clan they were from or even the Gods they emplored favor from. Leather tooled scabords, etched long sword blades, Pennular Broaches to close a cape, the needle worked garments, the beautiful wood carved Ships! Could we perhaps see a few more things? The Dragon Head to adorn the house and the Banners are a great start. Maybe a few Stag Horns and or Wolf Heads, or even more Dragon Heads on Capitals!

5. Could we possibly be able to manipulate building items on the X,Y,Z Axiz? Flipping, turning and rotating things, with more diagonal choices would be awesome!

I think I've gone on a bit too long, but I'm so excited about your game! I know to some, this is all Frou-Frou, and not a central game play feature; but for a house building freak like me...it's like air I breathe! I think it's awesome to have my own piece of the neither realm of my very own, in this breath taking world of Valheim. I feel privileged to be here with you all. Thank you for this, your creation!

Eruelest

Local Viking
Reaction score
Bushes! We need to be able to plant little bushes, like Rasp and Blueberry, and maybe....bring me a Shrubbery! I hate when a tree falls on one and it's gone forever, or that we can't replant these even for "Curb Appeal"!