Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Dedicated Server Importing World

DoughyKitty

New Viking
Reaction score
My friends and I have been playing on a self hosted server, but ended up having to nuke the bare metal OS.

I FTP'd my map to my local system and confirmed the map is good.

After importing the map files and correcting the owner and permissions of the files.. I get this error while trying to launch the server.

09/16/2022 18:08:11: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'ChromaticAberration' before loading defaults
09/16/2022 18:08:11: Fetching PlatformPrefs 'MotionBlur' before loading defaults
09/16/2022 18:08:12: Builder started
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at HeightmapBuilder.Build (HeightmapBuilder+HMBuildData data) [*x*****] in <****************************************>:0
at HeightmapBuilder.BuildThread () [*x*****] in <****************************************>:0
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) [*x*****] in <****************************************>:0
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [*x*****] in <****************************************>:0
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [*x*****] in <****************************************>:0
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [*x*****] in <****************************************>:0
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart () [*x*****] in <****************************************>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.<>c:<RegisterUECatcher>b__0_0(Object, UnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

If I remove the old world files it will generate and run fine with a new world.