Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Finite Monsters

Losvig

New Viking
Reaction score
I'd suggest making finite monsters. They wouldn't be bosses, but they'd be far stronger than trolls so they can't just be taken out with one guy. With updates, more could be released, but once they're slain, they're gone.
Additionally. What makes them different than the regular mobs and bosses is that they would need special strategies to be hunted.
(Suggestions for hunts/monsters:)

-Elusive monster can only be ambushed (sneak has to be a certain level to even get close?)
-Flying monster you have to follow for days in order to wear it out to land. (Make sure to stock up on food)
-Unique monster that only appears in storms/at night
-Unique monster that must be lured out with particular food (maybe a player has to be the bait!)
-Aquatic monster you have to search the great waters for
-Monster that becomes stronger when player dies
-Unique Monster that requires certain stat number in order to penetrate hide
-Unique Monster that can only be attacked from towers or climbing on top of it (top side is only weak point?)
(Make them easy or extremely difficult to figure out)

-Players could make suggestions for Monsters and Hunt strategies (which obviously wouldn't be revealed to anyone)

These creatures shouldn't be easy to find. They shouldn't respawn to make them truly unique. I very much like the idea of having to be strategic with hunts. When me and my friends aren't building, we'd love to take a break for a challenging hunt. If players can't figure out how to take the monster down, perhaps Haldor (the Merchant) could offer them clues in exchange for treasure.

Note, none of us are concerned with it dropping 'special mats' or 'ultra gear'.

All we want is a trophy. The trophy to mount in our glorious hall. When others visit our server, having those on display and being able to talk about the hunt would be awesome.

I honestly feel this game is closer to being 'perfect' than any other game I've played. Never thought I'd be content with one game, but it's close.

I'm sure there will be some who will find issues with this/not like it, but I'm going to suggest it anyway as it would make the game perfect for me. (I would literally uninstall every other game off my laptop and play Valheim only).