Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Goats and cheese

AppleTheViking

New Viking
Reaction score
Add goats, for the only reason as to add cheese. Cheese is awesome and amazing I love cheese so much and I think adding cheese would be amazing. Sure goats or cows or whatever are neat but think of the cheese. It can be a good stamina buff because cheese is so good you can have cheese barrel or whatever that ages the cheese like fermenting mead, BTW mead is pretty good irl I like the one with hibiscus but thats just me. Anyway cheese is so great and creamy and delicious I think the vikings would love to have cheese because it'll make their bones strong and as we all know good bones means not having them break so easily yes yes and then have the CHEESE HAT that would be awesome. Doesn't need any benefits just a hat made from cheese and maybe it goes away after a while because cheese rots unless its eaten imagine that, you make a cheese hat and someone eats it I would be so mad. Add goats to make goat milk to make cheese yes? Good im gold we all agree to add cheese and cheese hats goat horns would be good too think of the helmets or weapons or cups you can use the goat horn mace whatever cheese cheese cheese cheese

Indysligo

Local Viking
Reaction score
I think goats & cows would be non-aggressive meadow animals. Bulls, on the other hand... Slaughtering cows would give another meat option, beef, ranging from cooked beef, beef stew, kebab meat, etc. Added to a flour and we'd get stroghanoff. Mix it with other types of meat for better sausages. With potatoes and bread, we get shepherd's pie or beef manhattans. The point of adding any new food, for me, needs to explore buffs other than health and stamina, and their rate of recovery. I'm thinking things like temporary improvements in various skills, leading to more damage with specific weapons, better block/knock-back probability, selective damage resistance, etc.

Spooky

New Viking
Reaction score
It may be easier to add milk and cheese to a current mob, such as loxes. As the game is set up right now adding goats would likely also add goat meat and pelts and possibly other items and then these items would have more food and decorations related to them.