Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Longer day cycle

Hengadin

New Viking
Reaction score
While exploring, it seems I can barely make a dent in exploration without it becoming pitch black out. I realize that dangers abound at night, and that is part of the enjoyment of the game, but sometimes I just want to check the area out, and I am never able to do this due to the short day cycle. The night cycle could also increase, but due to sleeping mechanics, most players would be able to sleep through the lengthened night cycle, if they so choose. This lengthened cycle would make exploration so much more enjoyable for me.

Complaintdesk

Local Viking
Reaction score
There is a workaround to facilitate these issues through the mod "Valheim Plus". By activating the game clock, one can rest at 05:30 and rise at 06:00, which really tends to lengthen time played in a day cycle. There is also a feature where one can sleep in any bed without altering ones original spawn point. There is another feature to adjust light levels during the evening cycle. I use this feature because I am old, and the strain on my eyes of playing when light levels decreased was giving me problems. There is also a feature which if activated extends ones map explored/discovered area, making it equivalent to the distance one can actually see on the horizon while playing the game. I found that while sailing, even though I could see map features such as other land masses from the prow of my vessel, they were not being translated to being uncovered on my map, so I increased this. Now the area being uncovered on my map, is equivalent to what I am actually seeing as I explore.