Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

More land Transporation

mkreku

Local Viking
Reaction score
Having more options when it comes to on land transportation using silver to make a cart that works well on vertical land or having a thinner cart that is able to squeeze through tight spaces
How about if our loxes could pull carts? Right now I never ride anything because it's impractical and doesn't really add anything useful to the experience (besides looking cool).

Also, since the world is island based, how about teaching our loxes how to swim? They are too limited since you can't put them on boats and they can only be used on the island you tamed them on.

Jerxes

Local Viking
Reaction score
If memory serves you can hitch yourself to a cart then mount a lox to pull it, but you don't have to. You can badly overload yourself on weight - like by 1000 pounds or more - then mount and ride a lox. It will still move normally because you're overburdened, not the Lox. I did a few long distance darkmetal runs that way.

Also, Lox are fantastic at logging. Spend two minutes sprinting back and forth into a cluster of trees in the Meadows. You'll have stacks of wood and its way more fun than a boring old axe.

Jerxes

Local Viking
Reaction score
Did vikings ever dogsled? Because that's what a 'thinner mountain cart' sounds like to me, and we've already got the wolves handy.

Dio

Local Viking
Reaction score
There is the "Mount Up" mod to ride Boar and Wolves. That should be integrated on the vanilla.
more reason to use the tame system

Boar = Early game hybrid for mobility/transport
Wolf = Mobility
Lox = Transport

But I feel Iron Gate wont put time on this, knowing there is already a mod for free