Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

My Ideas for Valheim: Ocean Interactions

sstella

Local Viking
Reaction score
I know in later updates the developers plan to really flesh out the ocean biome in some way. I see two possible approaches:

1) The useage of special materials and potions to breath under water

2) The useage of diving boots, bells, helmets, and tubes to explore limited tracts of ocean floor

A big question to be asked of potential ocean biomes is how they are explored - do players just simply and freely swim around, or do they explore the ocean floor?

I would like to suggest that players explore the ocean the floor - they may wear diving boots to sink. Diving Bells are essentially large barrels or fermenter-type objects from which players explore the ocean floor. A unique object (Intestines from a boss, seeds for a rubber tree, or something else) can be used to make tubing, connecting diving bells to diving helmets, allowing players to explore the ocean floor within the proximity of the diving bell.

Players would proceed to explore the ocean floor by navigating on the ocean's surface and deploying diving bells to be sunk down to the ocean floor in specific locations. Players equip their boots and sink down with the bell, or perhaps enter the bell as a vehicle that operates by simply sinking or floating.

What is found on the ocean floor? I will leave that up to the developer's creative direction. I am sure there will be underwater temples, sunken ships, mobs, and potentially even a boss.