Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

My list of ideas...

Indysligo

Local Viking
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if others have suggested these things... I've not read through every post, nor would I remember every detail if I did.

1. Random drops: Beyond the standard drops, I'd love there to be additional random drops from mobs, ranging from a few coins, to gems (existing gems, new gems), misc building materials, etc.
2. With that: new gems. Right now, we only have ruby, amber, and amber pearl. I'd love to see more variety, even if there isn't a lot of functionality right now (see #4 below)
3. Along with the new gems, have them occassionally appear when mining.
4. What to do with new gems? Other than sell them to the trader (that's another thing, see #5 below), various gems can be used to decorate. What gems? Sapphire (blue), emerald (green), amythyst (purple), diamond (clear/white), topaz (yellow-brown), opal (multi-colored/faceted), etc. Gems can be used in conjunction with, or in place of, the generic crystal to make colored glass, diamonds can be added to tools & weapons to increase their durability, among other things.
5. More stuff available from the trader. Presently I have chests full of gold and gems with no practical use. Gold piles (as decoration) only goes so far. One thought is to buy recipes for new food items and potions (meads) from the trader. Right now, the only consumable item purchased from the trader is fishing bait. Once you're well into the plains, cooked fish and fish wraps are surpassed, rendering this mostly unnecessary, in favor of lox meat pie. What other consumables could we get from the trader? Perhaps a food/mead ingredient that can't be collected or harvested anywhere? Another thought would be the option to purchase a map reveal (open the map, click a spot to reveal a circle around it), or, to purchase the location of various features, like tar pits, fuling villages, stonehenge circles, etc.
6. Speaking of new food items and meads, what benefits might they impart? Here are some thoughts: increased weight carry, increase run-speed, increase the rate of stamina or health recovery (or, conversely, reduce the stamina cost of various activities), temporarily add a column of inventory spaces. (Okay, some of these may not be practical.)
7. Pertaining to inventory, I know there are already a lot of suggestions on this subject. My thought is: special "slots" for worn and stashed equipment (armor/weapons). The "backpack" has a fixed number of spaces, which can be updated with a new-and-improved backpack (e.g. leather=8/deer hide=10/troll hide=12/wolf hide=14/lox hide=16/etc.) In addition, various types of armor may impart a couple additional inventory spaces (pockets?); though this would be somewhat inverse to the armor's protection.
8. Rope and associated equipment: a grappling hook to facilitate climbing steep cliffs, a harness so that a lox can pull a cart, even a tie-off so that you don't fall off your roof while you're building.
9. Improvements to various tools: The cultivator should harvest an area, rather than clicking on each individual plant; the hammer should repair everything (workbench-specific) within an area (again, to prevent excessive clicking, also to fix items that are partially hidden and can't be directly clicked)
10. Plants: not just more vegetables, but various flowers, ranging from tulips and daffodils, to roses. To that end, roses (with their thorns) can contribute to base defense.
11. Base defenses: If we're not going to get NPC minions/commoners/settlers, how about some sort of automated defense equipment? An arbelest where you have to restock it with arrows periodically, a trebuchet that you keep stocked with rocks, etc. (Maybe, to build automated weapons, one must purchase a "magical sensor" from the trader. Also, this might lead to another use for the thunderstone.)
12: Settlers: And if we do get them? (Like Fallout 4) assign them to various tasks: farming, repair/maintenance, guard duty, basic resource collection (rock mining, wood chopping), trade routes, etc. This gives me a reason to build multiple villages, as opposed to a single base and scattered outposts.

I think that's it for now. ;-)

Nikolaeh

New Viking
Reaction score
Man, you pretty much got the whole picture here mate. I feel kinda' weird for posting another thread with similar( if not the same) ideas. Would very much like to see these added intro the game, especially 7 and 12. Cheers!