This update is for the Public Test version of Valheim, and may therefore be unstable. Before we launch this update to the Default version of the game, we want to make sure to have a chance to discover bugs and adjust the balancing, to give you the best game experience possible.
Access the Public Test branch on Steam by right clicking Valheim in your Steam library, and then select ’Properties’. In the new window, select ’Betas’ and type in the code “yesimadebackups”. The Public Test branch should now be available for you to choose from.
To access with Microsoft / PC Game Pass, launch the Xbox Insider Hub app. Navigate to ’Previews’, and then find ’Valheim Public Test’. Select ’Join’. Wait for the registration to be complete to be directed to the Store and then install ’Valheim Public Test’.
Be aware that there might be some minor offsets between the PC and console versions, but that we are aiming to keep the two as consistent as possible.
Please leave any feedback you may have in the appropriate channel in our Discord, or in the subforum on Steam.
As always, remember to be considerate towards players not partaking in the Public Test, in case they want to avoid spoilers.
Please make sure to make backups of your save files before playing.
A few issues managed to sneak past our watchful gaze in the last patch, so here's a small hotfix to hopefully solve everything!
Detailed Patch Notes:
Fixes & Improvements:
* Enemies in dungeons no longer scale size and speed on harder world modifier difficulties to avoid getting stuck
* Enemy spawn block and item despawn now matches workbench build radius
* Fixed glowing signs
* Fixed world modifiers not showing up or being cut off if they were too long for dedicated servers on Steam
* Magecap & Jotunpuffs can only be farmed in Mistlands again
* Tin, Obsidian, Guck and many destructible objects now scale drop correctly when using the resource rate modifier
* Players can now sprint while autorunning again
* Players can no longer zoom while in the build menu
* Mouse input is no longer blocked for a short period of time when selecting a build piece
* Fixed a bug causing the cauldron to be non-interactable
* Autocomplete in the console will no longer skip entries in the list
* Fixed flickering colours when placing beech sapling
* Player based raids should now activate correctly when a player has used a guardian power
* Fixed vegetation and reflection shader for Xbox