Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Skill levels unlocking abilities + buffed food stats if eating at a table

Hil

New Viking
Reaction score
I'd like to see abilities that are granted once you reach a certain milestone in a related skill.
Example: Level 15 swimming could grant the ability to dive, letting you grab drops that have escaped your reach underwater.
Level 25 block: passive steadfastness to allow you to parry for less stamina + no knockback if timed within an even smaller window of an enemy attack animation.
A high level skill with bows could allow you to click while rolling to have an arrow nocked and drawing by the time you're back on your feet.
2-handed clubs at level 40: Executing the roll command when your hammer touches the ground executes a circular dodge rotating around your dropped hammer to allow another quick swing aimed at a different location.

Such a system may have a balance issue revolving around the fact that you lose skill levels on death, but would be a great reward for sticking with certain skills or weapon classes and would be better than just "improved damage with x" or "reduced stamina consumption."

I'd also like to see a late-game system for eating meals at the darkwood tables. Treat them as storage containers for food items that are shared and consumed by multiple players when you all sit down for a feast (like how everyone laying in a bed at night lets you sleep and fast forward to morning). The system could increase health/stamina bonuses, as well as food timers, from a meal. Perhaps certain foods like eyescream granting a fire resistance buff if you pair a mead with food on the table would be in line. My vision is for late game, hence the need for tar to make the tables. I think the extra bonuses should be minor for balance purposes, but could roll nicely into Mistlands/Ashlands phase after they're released.