Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Smoother weapon switching

Ratmourn

Local Viking
Reaction score
Changing weapons shouldn’t stagger you as much. At very least sheathing or unsheathing your current weapon shouldn’t stagger you as much.

Gameplay would feel a lot smoother and more realistic. A trained warrior would know how to unsheathe their weapon while moving.

Stamina is enough of a movement challenge; this extra staggering is unnecessary.

Complaintdesk

Local Viking
Reaction score
Changing weapons shouldn’t stagger you as much. At very least sheathing or unsheathing your current weapon shouldn’t stagger you as much.

Gameplay would feel a lot smoother and more realistic. A trained warrior would know how to unsheathe their weapon while moving.

Stamina is enough of a movement challenge; this extra staggering is unnecessary.

I completely agree Ratmourn. Especially since they increased the speed of enemies. What is needed is a single keyboard command (or controller) like hitting "v" to switch to ones previous weapon set. When using the bow at range, we need to be able to return to our previous weapon set, by hitting a single quick command. Every game of this genre I have played has this option. I find it doubly stamina & time consuming because I use club and shield.