Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Tornado and Other Weather Effects

An0mie

New Viking
Reaction score
Not sure if this has ever been suggested (probably has), or if it would even fit into Valheim lore at all, but I think it would be interesting to have some more extreme weather and environmental effects such as tornados and hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, flash floods, wildfires, and other stuff like that. I don't think it would be fun if these things were super common as it might be annoying if your buildings are constantly getting destroyed, but these things could be really cool as a rare occurrence, or maybe easily ignorable once you get past the early game materials or something.

Ratmourn

Local Viking
Reaction score
Perhaps when forming the world you could select which disasters would be enabled

tsunami and earthquake would be fun

Defrayer

Local Viking
Reaction score
I don't think people would like their buildings to be degraded or destroyed any more than rain currently does. In my opinion it would add unnecessary busywork maintaining buildings. However I do like the idea of temporary environmental hazards that only damage the player and mobs.