Welcome, Viking!

Join our new and growing community of Vikings that are exploring Valheim, together.

Will TARDIS seeding be patched in a later version?

petrus4

New Viking
Reaction score
As described in this video, in Valheim currently it is possible to use one seed to play on, and then build a storage base in another seed, and whenever you get a full inventory with ore, disconnect from your current seed, log into the storage seed, and put all your ore there.

I play exclusively single player, and I've been using this method for a week or so; I actually refer to the second seed as a "TARDIS seed," because I use it in a similar manner to how the Doctor uses the TARDIS. I don't just have storage there, but also all my crafting. I love using portals and non-linear transportation in other games, so I find it fun here. I also like having a safe area to craft where I am not being attacked by mobs constantly, and can work in peace.

The comments for that video referred to it as cheating though, and suggested that it would be patched in a later version. I wanted to ask the devs if they do have plans to patch it; especially considering that if this game is as multiplayer centric as it seems to be, I'm not sure how they could patch it without it breaking things. Given how much I enjoy the technique though, (and exploring multiple seeds with the same character!) I am really hoping that they don't.

Quasitonality

Local Viking
Reaction score
I can think of how they could patch it. Just keep track of whatever world a character last logged out from as part of the character data. If they log into a different world, any teleport-blocking items are dropped from their inventory and destroyed. You could even have a warning message pop-up first to prevent players from accidentally deleting items they forgot were in their inventory. Like "You have illegal items in ur inventory, logging into a new world will cause them to be lost. Do you want to continue?" Easy-peasy

(not saying they will/should do this, just that they could)